Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Longing for Christmas

Last year, Charlie was 20 months at Christmas time. He didn't "get it", really. Oh sure, he was crazy excited about the gazillion new toys spread out over the entire bottom floor of the house, but he didn't understand the concept of Santa. And, he surely didn't get that this was Jesus' birthday we were celebrating with these massive amounts of toys. I am confident he would get both concepts now. He has grown up so much in the last six months, it amazes me at just how much he changes on a daily basis. He is learning and growing every.single.day. He understands way more than we even give him credit for.
And so, with Charlie being able to understand  and take in so much more this year, I am really longing for Christmas today. 
When you're an adult, the magic that is Christmas  kind of fades a little. You  don't stay up wondering what surprises tomorrow will hold and you no longer jump out of bed at the crack of dawn, eager to start the marathon of present un-wrapping. Oh, but you do when  you're a parent of three small children! It is the best day of the year for me. I don't mind getting woken up at dawn - because, truth be told- I never really went to sleep to begin with. I am that excited to see the joy on my kid's faces.
I say this every year, but this time I mean it-This year is going to be the best Christmas EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment