Thursday, February 28, 2013

My New Friend


A couple of months ago I read several blogs where ladies were putting EVOO-that's extra virgin olive oil for you people not familiar with Rachel Ray- on their face. 

What? Gross. 

After the first blog post about EVOO on your face, I wrote it off. Then I read another and another and another- all claiming to love the stuff. "My face is as smooth as butter" they said. "My skin is so clear and soft!" they'd brag.

So,  I googled it and found this:

Moisturizer

Extra virgin olive oil penetrates deep into the skin on your face, providing needed moisture as well as a shield to protect your skin, keeping it smooth, according to the Olive Oil Source website.

Olive oil's antioxidants--vitamins A and E--can help repair skin damage from sun exposure, cigarette smoke and pollutants.

Olive Oil Source recommends that, when you use olive oil as a moisturizer, you massage it into skin that's still slightly damp so that the remaining water on your skin can help keep your skin from feeling greasy.


Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/article/122517-benefits-using-extra-virgin-olive/#ixzz2MD3d0eIy


...But I just could bring myself to put something I cook with on my face. I couldn't risk turning my face into a grease ball.

Fast forward a month when I am at Walgreen's looking for Evening Primrose Oil  when I spot Vitamin E-Oil. The bottle states it can be used as a moisturizer, and it's on sale, so I purchase it.

Fast forward another month and I have been using Vitamin E-Oil for the last four weeks and I'm in love! Oh, how I wish I had taken before and after photos!My skin is clearer, my wrinkles are less noticeable, and my face is soft and smooth. I usually suffer from horribly dry skin in the winter...not now!This product is great- it's like a miracle in a bottle.

I use Vitamin E-oil just once a day, in the shower. After I wash my face, I put 2-3 drops in my hand, rub my hands together and then apply to my face. I make sure to really rub it in, covering my face a good two or three times. After I am done, I turn off the shower and pat my face dry, lightly. I let my face dry for about 5 minutes before I start applying makeup. 

No grease. Just a beautifully moisturized face with noticeably less wrinkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment