Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Anam Cara (soul friend)


“Love allows understanding to dawn, and understanding is precious. Where you are understood, you are at home. Understanding nourishes belonging. When you really feel understood, you feel free to release yourself into the trust and shelter of the other person's soul.” 
― John O'DonohueAnam Cara: A Book of Celtic Wisdom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


 
We saw a psychic once, she told us we'd grow old together.

People always  tell us we look alike. We don't. 

 Katie once won a dance contest by doing the running man. It was epic.


More often than not, we show up to events wearing similar outfits.

We dress up every Halloween. I think we have more fun than the kids.

If I'm invited somewhere, it's understood Katie is invited too. 

One time I cut my bangs. She told me she liked them. She lied.


She taught me the "I'm really surprised my picture is being taken" face. Nailed it.


We got forced into going to Ruth's Chris steak house once with a group of girlfriends. We were broke so we split the cheapest thing on the menu-A side of broccoli. 


She's beautiful, inside and out. Even when her "out" looks like this.



I've been incredibly blessed to have this gal in my life. She is funny, smart, beautiful and thoughtful. She's been there for me during my  happiest, scariest and saddest times. She understands me, encourages me and entertains me. I love her like a sister. She is my sister. my soul sister. 

Thanks for being my bestest best friend Kathleen!


No comments:

Post a Comment